LAWS is one of just a few No-Kill shelters in Ontario. The shelter relies on the support and generosity of the community to maintain its operations.
Here are just a few ways you can help your local shelter:
- Participate in or start a fundraiser: Fundraising is very important as the shelter receives minimal government funding and we rely on private donations and fundraising events.
- Become a volunteer: From walking dogs, to socializing cats, to general maintenance, we need your help. Consider joining the Board of Directors or participating on one of the various sub-committees.
Learn all the different ways you can volunteer.
- Become a foster parent: Help us nurture, care for, and evaluate pets so that we can find them the perfect forever families.
Find out if you are ready for this rewarding experience.
- Donate supplies: We need canned pet food, toys, kitty litter, cleaning supplies, office supplies, and so much more!
See the list of things we need right now.
- Donate funds: Donations to LAWS can be made in person at the shelter, or by mail. A donation form can be found on our website. We also accept donations through Canada Helps by Visa, Master Card, Amex, Interac and PayPal.
- Spread the word: Join us on Facebook and Twitter… and then promote the adoption of rescue animals by telling your friends.
For some other ideas, check out this great article: 25 Creative Ways to Help Animal Shelters
If you already give to the Shelter in some way, thank you for helping us save animals in need!
P.S. We have so many adorable cats and dogs at the Shelter who are still looking for their forever homes. Check out the adoptable pets waiting to meet you!