Fundraising is very important for the shelter as minimal government funding is received and we rely on private donations and fundraising events.
We are always looking for talented people to help out. If you would like to join the Fundraising and Marketing Committee please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to read the terms of reference.
There are two types of fundraising, those that are organized and managed by the shelter board and volunteers (Shelter Fundraisers) and those that are organized and managed by businesses or members of the community on behalf of the shelter (Third Party Fundraisers).
These are just a few of the previous events put on by the shelter; an extra hand is always appreciated.
- Book Sales at the Perth Festival of the Maples.
- Woofstock Spring Festival at the Shelter.
- Kitten Shower, Courtyard Cafe, Smiths Falls.
- Garage Sales at the Shelter.
- Dog Wash at Foodsmiths, Perth.
- Pet Photos with Santa.
- Our community’s Santa Claus Parades.
If you are interested in helping with Shelter Fundraisers, please download our General Volunteering application.
User-fillable Volunteer Application Form
For the best user experience, Adobe Reader XI is recommended.
|Date:||March 8, 2014|
You can automatically email the completed form from within the file or send
by mail: PO Box 156 Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
or by FAX: 613-283-0982;
or email to: email@example.com;
or drop it off in person at the shelter.
Third Party Fundraisers:
These are just a few examples of some past events put on by members of the community and local businesses to help raise funds for the shelter.
- Fashion Show and Luncheon Event, Shipwreck Restaurant, Rideau Ferry.
- Petlovers Expo, Paws-a-Bit, Merrickville.
- Christmas Gift-Wrapping, Smith’s Shoes, Smiths Falls.
- Penny Drive, Students and Staff of Notre Dame Catholic High School, Carleton Place.
- Daylily Promotion, Whitehouse Perennials, Almonte.
- Collection Boxes in local businesses.
- Barbecues and other events.
- Wedding and Birthday Gifts: (you know who you are!)
We welcome you, your family, your business, service group, classmates, etc etc and any ideas you may have to help improve the lives of animals in the shelter.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas and we will do whatever we can to help you help them!